Mobile Deposit is available to qualifying customers with an approved mobile device (iPhone, Android or tablet) or flatbed scanner using our free Mobile Banking app. The device must have an integrated camera to use the app. You must be signed up for Internet Banking to access Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit.
To use Mobile Deposit on your smart phone or tablet, download our free Mobile Banking app from the App Store or Google Play. From the Dashboard screen, tap Menu at the top and select Deposit Check. Follow the steps to sign up. Each customer is approved based on the following requirements:
- Your demand deposit account has been open for more than 30 days
- You have no charge off or loss on a prior account with Farmers & Drovers Bank
- Your average monthly balance for the past 12 months is positive
- Your loan payments are current
- You have provided us with your current valid address and email address
How to Use Mobile Deposit
Mobile Device (iPhone, Android phone or Tablet with camera function)
- Search for and download the F&D Bank app at the App Store or Google Play if you have not already signed up for Mobile Banking.
- Complete the enrollment process using your Internet Banking login information.
- From the Dashboard tap on Menu at the top of the screen, then select Deposit Check from the menu.
- Complete the enrollment steps.
- You must read and accept the Mobile Deposit User Agreement and be an approved user.
Flatbed Scanner – Users must be approved prior to accessing scanner Mobile Deposit
- Contact Farmers & Drovers at 620-767-5138 to apply.
- Once approved, from your computer with an installed flatbed scanner, go to https://ssl.selectpayment.com/deposit/262705/account/login
- Enter your login details.
- Follow the steps to complete your deposit.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT – a TWAIN or WIA driver-compatible flatbed scanner and a personal computer with the required settings. The following browsers may be used to make Mobile Deposits on a PC with Microsoft Windows and a high speed internet connection: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Firefox 3.6x or higher; Windows XP, Vista (except Starter or Home Basic), or Windows 7. For the Macintosh: OSX Version 10.6x (Snow Leopard) and Safari Version 5
Approved Users must Read and Accept the Mobile Deposit User Agreement prior to using Mobile Deposit.
Making a Deposit
- Endorse the Check to be Deposited with your Signature and “for Mobile Deposit” within
- 1½ inches of the Top of the Endorsement Area of the Check.
- Select the Account for the Deposit.
- Enter the Amount of the Check to be Deposited.
- Select the “Take a picture of the front of the check” option. Take the photo, make sure that all four corners of the check are visible, that all information on the check is clear and there are no dark shadows in the photo.
- Select the “Take a picture of the back of the check” option. Take the photo of the endorsed side.
- Write the date of the deposit under the endorsement once the check has been accepted for Mobile Deposit.
- Keep the deposited check for at least 14 days, but not longer than 30 days. Destroy the check using a shredding device.
Helpful Tips for Mobile Deposits
- All four corners of the check must be visible in the picture.
- Position the check on a dark or contrasting background so the check is clearly visible.
- Use good lighting.
- Make sure there are no visible shadows on the check image.
- If the image is blurry, retake the photo before you submit the deposit.
- You will not be able to resubmit the check by Mobile Deposit if it is rejected. Rejected checks can be deposited at one of our branch locations.
Checks that Cannot Be Deposited with Mobile Deposit
Mobile Deposit will not accept checks for deposit that are—
- Made out to two parties or individuals (which requires two signatures for deposit) unless both are joint owners of the account and both have endorsed the check
- Third Party Checks
- Checks that have been altered or damaged
Your deposit will be posted to your account within 1-2 business days of your Mobile Deposit. The cut off time for Mobile Deposit is 2pm. Deposits made by Mobile Deposit after 2pm will be shown on the next business day.